Friday, March 09, 2007

Hungry for Homemade Bread??


Jeffrey and I made twelve loaves of bread yesterday! We purchased a new grain grinder, and have already put it to good use. They turned out nicely. I think I've been out of practice as some of them weren't as "pretty" as my previous ones. Most people wouldn't care as they taste pretty good. But girls are always looking for beautiful things, eh? Jeffrey thought the entire experience was quite fascinating. Someday I'll let him do the bread by himself. Now that should be interesting.

Bread is the king of the table and all else is merely the court that surrounds the king. The countries are the soup, the meat, the vegetables, the salad, but bread is king.”
Louis Bromfield, American novelist (1896-1956)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for your family that you've got a new grain mill! I know fresh bread was sorely missed at your table.
You know we wouldn't care what our
"Cole bread" looked like because the taste would be sooo delicious!
Smith Family

Anonymous said...

Such a cute photo of Jeffrey! I've never had better bread than what comes out of the Cole kitchen, or more beautiful either.