Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Favorite Pumpkin Pie

This recipe has become my favorite Pumpkin Pie recipe. I got it from one of my favorite chefs - Sara Moulton. We made this at my house for Thanksgiving this year. It's a little different than other recipes I've used in the past and it seems to be a little more reliable. I also love its very creamy texture.

One pre-baked pie crust

1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup heavy cream
7 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
6 1/2 tablespoons evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch ground clove
Pinch salt
2 eggs
1 egg yolk

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

In a medium saucepan, mix together the pumpkin and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until reduced and thick, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream, milks, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, salt, eggs, and yolk. Pour the filling into the pie shell and bake until set, about 45 to 55 minutes. Cool and serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like another keeper, one to add to the family favorites. Thanks, Jeanette!

Janessa said...

Ahem. To defend my honor in the last post. I believe I was cleaning...not raiding the fridge. As I recall, I was a little too full to eat much of anything. Just felt like clarifying. :)