Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Great Remedy for Sore Throats

As you may assume, I have a cold currently so this is obviously on my mind a good bit of the time.

I discovered this a few years ago and it really works. Simply use a combination of lemon juice (fresh is best), honey, and ginger, heat until boiling, then sip (believe me, you won't want to gulp it!). As far as amounts...I'd say use the juice from one lemon (3 Tablespoons?), one Tablespoon honey, and a dash or two of ginger. The ginger is kind of on the spicy side, so don't overdo it.

~Janessa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janessa,

How's it going holding down the fort while Mom is gone? Did you get Jeanette off to Virginia OK? I was sorry to hear of your sore throat. I wish I'd seen your recipe before today (Sat.) as I too had a cold and a slight sore throat Thursday and Friday. Mine wasn't too bad, so gargling with salt pretty much handled it, and I dosed up with echinacea, vitamin C, a good multi-vitamin, and lots of fluids. I'm just about back to normal, but want to keep your recipe on hand for future use. Thanks as well for posting the soup recipes. Ben has really been in the mood for soup lately.

Karen H.

Anonymous said...

Janessa,

Thanks for such a great remedy! I've tried it twice now - once yesterday morning and then just now - and found that it really does help.

Megan