Friday, August 19, 2005

Monster Cookies

1 lb butter - softened
2 lbs brown sugar
4 cups white sugar
12 eggs
¼ cup vanilla extract
3 lbs crunchy peanut butter
8 tsp baking soda
18 cups quick oats
1 lb chocolate chips
1 lb M&M’s

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream together sugars, butter, and peanut butter. Add eggs and vanilla and whip until light and fluffy. (At this point I have to take it out of my large Kitchen Aid and finish mixing remaining ingredients in a very large bowl.) Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop by teaspoon-fulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.

Yield – an enormous number of cookies.

I first made these cookies when I was visiting my Aunt Sheryle a while back. I've never seen so much cookie-dough! They were fun though, even if I did spend an entire afternoon baking cookies. The best part was when Uncle Dale got home....he was very happy that I'd been baking cookies....and he said mine were better than Sheryle's. Of course that could be because she discovered that every time she made them, she hadn't been putting in enough oats so hers didn't turn out as well. Guess that's what happens when you've made the recipe 1000 times...it takes someone else to look at it to figure out what the problem is.

No comments: