Tuesday, July 26, 2005

For our 31st Anniversary

I was excited when Jeanette told me she was going to start the Cole-inary Artist blog.

I plan on posting recipes that have been a part of Brad’s and my family’s menus, and also some poems and writings that Brad has written through the years.

My first entry came to me on July 13, 2005 during the celebration of our 31st wedding anniversary.

These are the words in the card Brad gave to me:

I never thought that having my world turned upside down

Could be such a wonderful thing,

Until you came into my life and showed me

What I was missing.

Sweetheart, you are and always will be,

The answer to my every prayer.

This is the poem Brad wrote for me:

For thirty-one years a privilege I’ve had

Of knowing you better in the good and the bad,

How often I’ve enjoyed you laugh, smile (and frown)

As you helped God turn my world upside down.

Oh, it’s not a really bad thing to

Have someone your life “undo,”

At least when they from the start

Are helping God remake a heart.

So if our journey in life has been

Less than perfect since way back when

Know it’s all part of a turn-around

To get us turned right from upside-down.

No comments: