Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Spicy, Fall Recipe

I love fall, and I love this recipe! I made this for our church potluck on Sunday, and I felt like sharing it with all of you. It's from my Grandmother...I think.

Rose's Raisin Spice Bars

Boil the ingredients below, and let it cool.
1 C. sugar
1 C. water
1 C. raisins
1 stick of butter

Add:
2 C. flour
1 t. soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg

Spread on a cookie sheet (Grease and flour the sheet)-Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Icing:
1 C. powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. rum
1/2 t. lemon
Add milk as needed to spread. Spread the icing on the bars while hot. Cut into bars and enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I baked it in a pan instead, about what size would you suggest? Thanks. : )

Pat Cole said...

Well, I really don't know.:) Umm...I doubled the recipe, and it worked in our big cookie sheet. If you did it in a regular pan x 1, I would suggest using a 9x13 pan. Again, that's just an estimate. I've never tried it in a regular pan.:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jane! We'll have to give them a try.