Monday, August 21, 2006

For Judith......



Today is a very special day in our household. Today our dearest Judah-bean turns 12! I can't believe my second "little" sister is already twelve years old. Although, my little sister is rapidly becoming my "big" sister, in terms of height.
Where would I be without my dear sister Judy. She is continually making me laugh at myself through my blunderings. Judy is great at making me realize how to enjoy every minute of every day. She also helps me see the limitless possibilities that God gives us in life, and how we should enjoy them to the full.
I must confess that I haven't always had the best attitude about sharing a bedroom with my two sisters. I also have to admit, it's been one of the best things that could have happened to me. Life is full of opportunities to learn selfless love. Let me tell ya, sharing a room gives a person great and limitless opportunities to put selfless love into practice. I can safely say, that my dearest friends and pals, are my sisters. We learn from one another, grow with one another, and learn to appreciate and respect each others tastes and differences.
Judy is a sweet little taste of Heaven in my mind. Yes, we all have moments when we can be quite testy (ask anyone else who lives with us). Judy and I are two very different individauls. Maybe that's why we're learning to get along so well.
Judy, I love you very much, and I can't wait to see what God is going to do with my dear little sister(and yes, I called you little, because you will always be a little sister to me).
Life will bring many changes in the coming years, as we all grow up and move on with our God-given roles in life. I know, though, that I can always count on having my sister Judith as a very dear friend and comrade in life.

Here's to Heaven blessed sisterhood!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Judy! With all the excitement of Jonathan coming home and taking the guys to college, I failed to send you proper greetings. As Jane said, you are indeed a special young lady, and we are blessed to know you.

Christy B. said...

Happy Birthday Judy!!!

We love you and miss you!!!

Love,

The Bohannan's

Megan said...

That was a great tribute, Jane.

Judy, Happy birthday! I'm sorry that this is so belated, but I haven't visited the Cole-inary Artists in quite awhile. I hope that you had a wonderful b-day. It truly is amazing when I stop and think about how much you've grown in the last 5 years. I know that God has great plans for you. :-)

Love,

Megan